2008.201


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another mad rush to catch up on posts! Woohoo.

Friends. I had a discussion about "friends" with one of my best friends on Friday at dinner. I picked her up at the airport and she treated me with greek food. Nice trade off.

I think friendship is made up of tradeoffs.

If you're always the one doing things for others. It's not a friendship, it's being used.

I don't mind buying dinner, paying for movies, giving people rides to the airport, etc. But where's the balance if I'm the one always giving? There isn't.

I've been thinking of this a lot lately because one of my friends is high maintenance.

With how busy work and life has been, I don't have the time nor do I have the inclination to maintain him/her. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe if, when I was the one that needed to lean on someone, s/he was there for me, I wouldn't be thinking like this.

I've been in a position before where I was used for either my contacts, for my cash, or for my car. I'm not going to be that person that allows herself to be walked all over anymore.

If there's no reciprocity there is no friendship. Plain and simple.

Labels: , , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker