2008.196


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been in meetings every. day. this. week.

The one on Monday was boring as hell.

The past two days was basically a staff meeting/retreat/strategic planning. It's had good mixed with bad.

In order for me to feel less guilty of not buying an environmentally vehicle, I picked up co-workers and we carpooled.

I got home, fed the stupid pets and was planning on skipping out on an event a friend signed me up for but I couldn't. I received a text message saying, "LISTEN SAYING NO IS NOT AN OPTION! GET DRESSED AND GET GOING"

I felt guilty so I got dressed and went. It was a fundraiser/gala and it was a "free" meal.

The mother of Montreal's new hot goaltender was in attendance and she along with her son donated a bunch of autographed stuff to auction off.

My friend was bidding on an autographed picture but stop bidding when it reached $250.00. I kept telling her to bid but she chickened out.

The next item was an autographed stick. I stopped bidding when the price his $400.00.

The last item was an autographed jersey. I stopped bidding on my own when it hit $450.00. Then my friends with me said we should do a joint bid amongst the three of us.

I stopped bidding when it got to $600 ($200 a piece). Then I started bidding again at $800.00 after a discussion amongst the three of us.

Then the bidding was $900 and the person was going once, twice, and I stuck my hand up to bid $925.00. I figured if we were going to bid $800 why not bid $925.00.

We won.

I'm a 1/3 owner of an autographed jersey. His Mom came up to congratulate us on the purchase.

Since it was my hand flying up and down people thought I bid on my own and kept congratulating me.

I haven't even spent this kind of money on Oilers memorabilia and I was feeling a little guilty but then I thought of the cause the money is going to and felt a bit better.

I don't have custody of it first. I'll be getting it next month. We're quite sure this is going to end up in a court hearing.

We've also decided we're going to see a hockey game in la belle province.

Labels: , , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker