2008.169


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You know what I dislike? People that think they're right when it's oh so obvious they're very wrong. And when they realize they're wrong, they try take a different approach to make it seem like you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm am the #1 expert in knowing what is good for me and what isn't. I may not make the right choices regarding that, but I do know when an environment is toxic.

And I hate going into a situation where I don't know what's going on. It's like going to a new school when everyone in class has been friends since kindergarten.

So, you're the new kid and they all have this relationship and this rapport and you're sitting there with a thumb up your ass.

Thankfully, I'm paid enough to still go and still leave a mark.

The meetings I attended in Victoria weren't bad, all things considered. Quite a bit of us ended up on the same ferry coming back to Vancouver.

I am quiet at meetings. Shocking, I know. But I've always been taught - aside from my mindless rambling on this blog - that you should only speak when you have something important to say in meetings otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

A lot of people haven't mastered that. They ramble, they ramble, and they ramble some more.

I kid you not, there was a 10 minute discussion on whether or not to remove an "s" from a word.

TEN MINUTES

I wanted to blow my brians out.

Even later on when we were going over acroynms, everyone knew what one stood for but they still decided to debate the matter. I finally spoke up and said, "can we just all agree to stop wasting time and admit we all know what it stands for?" which was met with nervous laughter because people don't like being told they're a bunc of freaking idiot control freaks.

Given my extensive travels, here's how I judge hotel rooms, regardless of how many diamonds legitimate sources give them:

1. Beds: if they're crap beds, it's a crap hotel, I don't care if they have 4 diamonds
2. TV: if they're not up to speed with the flat panels, I judge them harshly
3. Internet: I give half a point to those that have wired internet but very few. If they're, again, not up to speed with wireless internet, I think they suck. After a long day of meetings, the last thing you want is to be sitting at a stuffy desk in another uncomfortable chair.
4. hairdryer: if they're too cheap to get one with power, I think they suck.
5. newspaper: the only paper I read now is the globe and mail so if you have some stupid National Post or worse, Vancouver Sun, I will do my best never to stay at your hotel again.

So, the hotel I stayed at would get 2.5 out of 5, because the bed was nice (king-sized), they had wired internet and the globe and mail.

Labels: , , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker