2008.139


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is Paihia, NZ. I absolutely fell in love with Paihia. It is in the Bay of Islands of the Northland. It's a quaint little town that some may view as a tourist trap. I stayed at a hotel a little out of town so I didn't get sucked into tourist traps. I used this little town as my headquarters during my stay. I took a boat tour and a bus tour and took in some of the local sites.

Paihia is close to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. Visit the site to learn more about the Treaty Grounds. I am tempted to go during their celebrations in February. Not this February, but one February.

Granted, it rained a lot while I was there. In fact, there was even a severe storm warning one night. But it only rained at night, thankfully. Although one night, it rained so hard I was waiting for the roof to cave in. But it remained humid. I kid you not, my hair got really curly. It made me look homeless. Thankfully I brought my Gretzky ballcap and would put my hair in a ponytail. It's why there are very few pictures of me on this trip. Humidity is not my friend. And is the only downside to New Zealand

Labels: , , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker