2008.114


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The incompetence of public servants can sometimes be astounding.

For weeks now, I've had a meeting set up with a government department.

It was on my mind when I was trying to figure out what to do with the lack of a car.

I had my roommate drop me off at skytrain and decided to be like the common-folk and take transit to the meeting.

I get there with about 10 minutes to spare before the meeting.

I start setting up in the boardroom, being the first person there.

Then one of the people comes through and says, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know if you were coming so I didn't send you the email yesterday notifying you the meeting was cancelled."

FLAWED LOGIC!

If you weren't sure if I was going to be there, shouldn't that be WHY you emailed me? How hard is it?

It took me awhile to get there, take me just as long to get home and NOT once did you think to ask?

Here's the thing, the meeting should only be cancelled if I let them know I wasn't coming. We're the only non-government people in attendance. The rest were IN the office. FUCKING IDIOTS.

I have never stormed out of a meeting before and I have never lost my cool in front of "colleagues".

I did today. I gave her a "you're a fucking idiot" look and let her know I was extremely pissed off. She was rightly embarassed and I hope I ruined her fucking day because it was such a stupid thing to do.

A co-worker came to pick me up and I went out for lunch with the office staff since I won't be seeing them for a month.

It was a nice lunch.

I also picked up an international driver's license - even though it isn't necessary - and health insurance.

And you know this whole car thing? THEY DROVE MY CAR FOUR FUCKING BLOCKS! They went through all the hassle of breaking in and doing damage to the door and the ignition only to drop it off four fucking blocks from my house. The police said that they dropped my car and stole another one. I guess someone reported their car stolen hence finding mine.

I have an appointment with the insurance adjustor tomorrow. They were supposed to call me today but didn't so I called them. She said that she hadn't had time to call as she has 13 cars that have been stolen that she's dealing with and she's the only staff on duty. I advised her I'm leaving the country on Friday so it's kind of important to deal with this soon. So, she's getting it towed to their facility and I have an appointment at 2 pm. If I don't get it fixed within the next few days, I'm leaving it. I can't be bothered with the grief of this.

I found my passport. It was in the suitcase I used to Seattle.

To TOP IT ALL OFF, one of my co-workers closes the door to the office I was using and talks about "issues" she has with me. Apparently she thinks I'm micro-managing her on one hand and not supporting her enough on the other. We had some meetings that our supervisor asked me to go along with her on. I wouldn't have gone if I wasn't asked to. She had issues with me being at that meeting. She made some statements at the meeting that she shouldn't have. And apparently she wanted to talk to me after the meeting was over. I'M NOT A FUCKIN MIND READER. After the meeting was over, she immediately started talking to someone there and talking about where they're going for lunch and she's going to stay there the rest of the day and so where can she set up her computer. From that I'm supposed to read, "I need to talk to you?" Ho-lee stupid people, Batman.

It's like people are deliberately trying to stress my life out to the maximum before I leave. Fuck. them. all.

I shut her down. She says, "we don't have to be friends". THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

Apparently I made a comment SEVEN MONTHS AGO, that she had issues with but she saved it to now to bring up. Then when I call her on it, she says "oh it doesn't matter". I'm like yeah, "it didn't matter so much that you brought it up SEVEN MONTHS LATER!". Fucking idiot. And honestly, I think she's full of shit. I remember the meeting she's talking about and we were nowhere near each other at that meeting. We weren't even sitting at the same table. I didn't talk to her after her presentation or before it. I sat with members of different organizations. She sat on the other side of the room. So how could I make a comment to her? Fucking idiot.

Oh well.

Fuck them all.

I leave on Friday regardless of the drama.

Insecure women just piss me off.

By the way, if you want a postcard, drop me an email with your address and I'll send you one.

Labels: , , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker