2008.059


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was going to drunk blog last night but instead fell asleep.

There's nothing to do in small northern towns that are freakin' cold but hang out at dinner and drink whatever's on the menu. We were planning on having one of everything but after the first half a dozen got tired due to all the driving earlier in the day and walked back to our hotel.

It's the first road trip I've taken with my boss, the first time we've hung out away from the office without other staff and it's amazing all the things we have in common.

I think we're planning a trip to Ireland.

And Brazil.

And New York.

It was also good to let her know some concerns I had about staff members. I'll now be attending some meetings with them to make sure they're following the company line.

I can't wait to fly home today. It's tough having to socialize all the time. I like these types of meetings because they're not meetings with bureaucrats, but it can get taxing.

Man, bureaucrat meetings. Brutal. They don't know how to get to an answer without a long explanation.

What I don't get about parents: If you let your kid run around while having dinner at home, screaming and generally being a kid, WHY do you think that behaviour's going to change in public? Kids don't know the difference between the two. So it's not the kid's fault. It's yours.

And why do people think that just because they're pushing a baby stroller it gives them dibs on going first in everything? Like I have to wait to get off the elevator even though I'm the first one on, at the airport, just because you're pushing a carriage. Say I let you go first. I'm just going to pass you, your baby carriage, and all your luggage anyway, so why delay the inevitable? Just because you don't know how to say no, doesn't mean I should be stuck behind you.

And glaring at me doesn't work. I just don't give a fuck.

There's some chick in Abbotsford who wants to have a family friendly line at the grocery stores where there are no magazines so her kids doesn't ask questions about "orgasm" "vagina" etc.

Why not have some, "don't have kids friendly line". Because I personally hate being stuck in front of someone with a kid and the kid keeps bumping into me because, as different from restaurants where you're telling them to shut up, you're letting be crazy in the grocery store. I also don't need to hear them screaming or crying in my ear either.

I have no problems with kids. Love them. Think they're great. But some parents out there are completely clueless. And my neighbourhood seems to be surrounded by them.

In great news, the Oilers won again last night. They're now only 7 points out of a playoff spot. Still a mountain to climb with the losses of Torres, Moreau, Souray, Horcoff, and Smid, but nothing's impossible. If Huckabee can remain in the RNC presidential race, hoping for a miracle, dammit, so can I.

Labels: , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker