2008.073


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is why I will always love '94:

Kindness from ex-Oiler

My aunt has always been an avid Oilers fan and her favourite player was Ryan Smyth. It was a grey day in her life when he was traded. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago my dear aunt died, and as she was such a great fan her family decided to put Ryan's picture in the funeral card with the Oilers' symbol.

We all smiled reading it as we knew how much this meant to her. The family did have to get permission from both the team and Ryan, which was not a problem. Unbeknownst to the family, Ryan had called the funeral home and asked if there was anything he could do -- the funeral director informed him of the family's wishes and left it at that. About a week later, the family was called to the funeral home to pick up a package that had been delivered to their attention -- there was a big picture of Ryan, framed and signed, and a note of sympathy. They were overjoyed at this kind act and I feel the community should know that Ryan is a champion, Oiler or not!

Labels: , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker