2008.072


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



About 10 years ago, I had this mentor who taught me how to navigate through the political system that is known in most worlds as "employment". My times have changed since then. I was young, naive, thought everyone had the world's interests at heart, blah blah blah.

She was - still is - smart, intelligent, happy. Well, she's still intelligent. Smart and happy would be another story.

We needed some work done at work and there wasn't enough manpower to complete it in the allotted time so I was asked if I knew of anyone that we wouldn't have to teach, that we could just hire as a contractor to do the work with no hand holding whatsoever. Her name popped in my head so I called her and asked her to send my boss her resume. I also phoned a few other people requesting the same thing.

Suffice it to say, she was given a contract and we found ourselves working together again.

It's an interesting dynamic. She missed her flight back home this morning and was stressing out about it and about life in general. So I told her I'd shower, get dressed and meet her for breakfast before her next flight took off.

And I lectured her. Lectured her on being a martyr, being everyone's doormat, on not doing what she wants because everyone else is doing what they want and she's not happy. From her son, to her husband, etc., etc.

It never ceases to amaze me how smart women can be so stupid.

Regardless, she's going home happy after having dumped her grievances on me and me giving her an action plan on what to do to get her life back on track.

She just called me from the airport thanking me for taking the time today to spend with her and she's glad she missed her flight because it's the kick in the ass she needed and she's going home happy.

I should become a wedding planner/life coach. I'm apparently great at both.

Poker tournament tomorrow. If I didn't send you an invite it's because I've been busy so if you want to join in the fun and see me getting totally wasted on double captain and cokes, give me a shout. Should be fun.

I'm so glad the weekend's here. It's been one tedious meeting after another and I'm exhausted.

Thankfully I can participate in next week's meeting in Edmonton by teleconference as I have to fly home on Wednesday/Thursday and then fly to Ottawa on Tuesday of the next week and I just don't have the energy.

Labels: , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker