2008.062


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I can't even begin to tell you how busy I've been with work lately.

Meetings have to be the most boring part of my job.

And in the evenings, I turn wedding planner.

I've been told I should go into business for it because it's something I'm good at.

It's because I'm detailed.

This meeting this morning had me thinking I really am a heartless bitch.

It was with a bunch of professionals with many initials behind their names.

And they were crying about things they experienced.

Crying over the stories others were telling.

I wasn't crying.

The sob stories aren't news to me. I've been hearing them for a long time. I've probably experienced some and witnessed others. Forever.

Halfway through the second sob story and with these people crying - even men - I wondered why I wasn't. Is there something wrong with me?

I messaged a co-worker with a, "oh great this is turning into a touchy feely meeting" and I hate those.

She responded with she hated it too.

If I wanted to deal with my issues, it'd mean I'd lose my drive.

Sometimes it can become overwhelming when I sit back and think about all the work I have to do.

So, after the long meeting, I took some time off this afternoon, put the roof down on my car, put on my shades and drove around this lovely city and not think about work or life or weddings.

It didn't stop my phone from ringing and work getting in the way. One of the calls I answered was from a contractor who said, "you should so relaxed, how do you do it?"

I just learned not to carry the burdens of everything and everyone around me. It'd be enough to drive a sane person insane. And I'm far from sane.

But man what a freakin' nice day today. I didn't even mind getting caught in traffic on the freeway during rush hour.

Finally got my new glasses today. My eyes are eternally grateful to not have to be wearing contacts. We'll see how long these last. I can't believe how expensive some are. Thankfully they were nice enough to give me two different discounts.

Labels: , ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker