2008.06


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



How much does it cost to phone Australia? Probably around 3 cents a minute so the hour long conversation I just had with a long lost friend probably cost $1.80 or something like that. Well worth the price of admission.

It's been years since I was in Australia but when I found my journal and read through entries, I had the idea it's time to catch up with old friends. Especially since I'll be heading there late April/early May for a few weeks. Might be nice to stop off in Melbourne for a beer or three, right? Where's the harm.

So, my wonderful friend Jodie, did all the leg work and found the number to said friends, called them up, said they were floored to be hearing from me after all these years and would love it if I stopped by either on my way to Perth or on the way back. Said friend gave their current email address and phone numbers for me to contact.

Given it's a Sunday and tomorrow's a work day and I'm all done doing the laundry bit and had no real excuse not to, I called. That, and the fact that for whatever reason, my text message wasn't going through so I decided to just call and make sure the number was correct.

Suddenly a short, 2 minute conversation turns into an hour long conversation on what we've been doing these past years, how's life been treating us, the "wars" in Afghanistan and Iraq, skiing, theology, Christianity, Catholicism, sins, repenting, governance, etc., etc.

Life is so weird and random sometimes.

I'm now looking forward to my trip. Not just because it'd be nice to dance at my wonderful friend's wedding, but to catch up with old friends.

Was especially nice since I haven't been in the mood to talk to anyone lately.

If you're going to see a movie, I recommend The Kite Runner. I heard many things about it and decided to give it a go as it was on many top 10 movies of 2007. Now I see why. It was terribly sad and uplifting. The little boy, Hassan, will make you cry. And Amir will make you angry.

I return to work tomorrow. Who knows what this year holds. But it seems to be going in the right direction. For now.

I should be leaving for Australia around April 26 and returning May 17, if I'm lucky enough to get three weeks off work. Maybe this time, I can get to Ayers Rock and other points north. Would be nice if I got to Byron Bay again, as that was my favourite part of the trip.

Can't wait to see you, Jodes!!!

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker