2007.130


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So yesterday was a good day. I've been attending local meetings, talking with people I'm supposed to support.

And debate ensued. I'm quite entertaining when I debate, apparently.

We had a member from an organization whose duty it is to consult and they haven't been. But they made representation yesterday that they have been to a room full of people who can only take them at their word.

So I sat back and listened and wrote down responses and waited. I gave them an opportunity to take back their misrepresentation but they didn't. At the end of their presentation I stood up and corrected them.

They took offense, stood up and tried to school me.

I stood up and said, "I don't want to turn this into a debate but...."

They stood up and responded. I was thinking of not. But did.

It's funny because members of their staff, whose hands are tied by the very policy I was debating, came up to me at the end and thanked me for being a voice.

I could have kept doing it all day.

Because, really, I love a debate.

Monday I went out for cheap margaritas, last night I went out with a friend whose in town for a couple of days, tomorrow is our staff party.

I may just take next week off because after sitting down and filling out my overtime request, since the middle of November I've worked 61 hours of overtime. That's 9 hours short of two weeks, which is insane, which has probably lead me to make bad decisions. And lead me to start drinking a bit more than I usually do.

On a good note, the Oilers are doing not bad!

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • Grace
  • British Columbia, Canada
  • jealous, insecure,narcissistic, paranoid, and delusional
  • My profile

ATOM 0.3




Grace 2006
Background courtesy RyeGuy
eXTReMe Tracker